If you are on Facebook, you can RSVP here.
Wednesday 22 April 2015 at 7:30 p.m.
The Vat and Fiddle pub (in the Golding’s Room),
12 Queen’s Bridge Road
More information and a map: https://pubhd.wordpress.com/pubhd-nottingham-venue/
Three speakers will explain their research to a bunch of people in the pub in exchange for a pint or two.
The talks are at “pub level” – you don’t need to be academic to understand them!
- Jessica Butterworth (Materials Science) is a PhD student at the University of Nottingham developing new glass optical fibres for a cancer detection system.
- Mark Iliffe (Geospatial Information Systems) is researching mapping in developing countries and how to create better services using that data.
- Alan Williams (Health/Education) is a Lecturer in the Division of Nursing and a Registered Nurse with a clinical background in resuscitation and Emergency Care. He is investigating how student and tutors create and develop web-based resuscitation educational resources for junior nursing students.
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PubhD/
- Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/817830714962493/