This page shows the next Nottingham event. For events in other locations see the PubhD Locations page.
Wednesday, 18 April 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
If you are on Facebook, you can RSVP.
The Vat and Fiddle pub (in the Golding’s Room),
12 Queen’s Bridge Road
More information and a map: https://pubhd.wordpress.com/pubhd-nottingham-venue/
Three speakers will explain their research to a bunch of people in the pub in exchange for a pint or two.
The talks are at “pub level” – you don’t need to be an academic to understand them!
- Laura De Simoni (English Literature) is a PhD student in the School of English at the University of Nottingham. Her research focuses on representations of the Other in dystopian narratives of contemporary British theatre.
- Dr Ada Hui (Health Sciences) is an Assistant Professor in Mental Health, University of Nottingham. Her research focuses on issues relating to social justice and health, specifically; role, identity and emotional labour within forensic psychiatric hospitals. Link to full bio here: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/healthsciences/people/ada.hui.
- Dr Matt McFarland (Molecular Biology) is a post-doc at the University of Nottingham. He is interested in ribosomes, the protein factories of the cell, and he is currently investigating how a mutation in their molecular machinery affects embryonic development in fruit flies.
- Page: https://www.facebook.com/PubhDNottingham
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PubhD/
- Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1015095241962710/