This page shows the next Nottingham event. For events in other locations see the PubhD Locations page.
Wednesday, 18 September 2019 at 7:30 p.m.
If you are on Facebook, you can RSVP.
The Vat and Fiddle pub (in the Golding’s Room),
12 Queen’s Bridge Road
More information and a map: https://pubhd.wordpress.com/pubhd-nottingham-venue/
Three speakers will explain their research to a bunch of people in the pub in exchange for a pint or two.
The talks are at “pub level” – you don’t need to be an academic to understand them!
The speakers are:
- Blandine French (Medicine) is a PhD student at the University of Nottingham funded by ESRC. Her research is focused on GPs’ understanding of developmental disorder, most specifically attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD).
- Catrin Fear (Bioarchaeology) is researching lead use and its impact in medieval Britain, as well as the effects of lead poisoning on the skeleton. She is funded by the Midlands3Cities AHRC Doctoral Training Partnership.
- Charlotte Blake (Bioengineering) is a final year PhD student at the University of Nottingham. She is currently using additive manufacturing (known to most of the world as 3D printing) to produce personalised heart implants.
- Page: https://www.facebook.com/PubhDNottingham
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PubhD/
- Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/488101911977002/