This page shows the next Nottingham event. For events in other locations see the PubhD Locations page.
Wednesday, 20 February 2019 at 7:30 p.m.
If you are on Facebook, you can RSVP.
The Vat and Fiddle pub (in the Golding’s Room),
12 Queen’s Bridge Road
More information and a map: https://pubhd.wordpress.com/pubhd-nottingham-venue/
Three speakers will explain their research to a bunch of people in the pub in exchange for a pint or two.
The talks are at “pub level” – you don’t need to be an academic to understand them!
The speakers are:
- Nashmil Motazedi (Medical Ethics & Law) is a second year PhD student at Nottingham Law School, Nottingham Trent University. Her research is focused on the legal and ethical implications of genetic modification techniques in the context of human embryos.
- Stephanie Rankin-Turner (Chemistry) is a PhD student at Loughborough University. She is developing mass spectrometry-based methods for use by police forces to identify and estimate the age of bloodstains (among other bodily fluids) to try and make criminal investigations more efficient.
- Guaduneth Chico (Environmental Sciences) is a PhD student in the School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences at Nottingham Trent University. He works in the identification and evaluation of new peatlands in northern Spain using traditional and remote sensing techniques.
- Page: https://www.facebook.com/PubhDNottingham
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PubhD/
- Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/333634953902063/