Some dates for your calendars.
All events are at the Vat and Fiddle pub and start at 7.30 pm.
PubhD #58: Wednesday, 20 February 2019
- Nashmil Motazedi (Medical Ethics & Law) is a second year PhD student at Nottingham Law School, Nottingham Trent University. Her research is focused on the legal and ethical implications of genetic modification techniques in the context of human embryos.
- Stephanie Rankin-Turner (Chemistry) is a PhD student at Loughborough University. She is developing mass spectrometry-based methods for use by police forces to identify and estimate the age of bloodstains (among other bodily fluids) to try and make criminal investigations more efficient.
- Guaduneth Chico (Environmental Sciences) is a PhD student in the School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences at Nottingham Trent University. He works in the identification and evaluation of new peatlands in northern Spain using traditional and remote sensing techniques.
PubhD #59: Wednesday, 20 March 2019
- Jen Caddick (History) is a second-year PhD student at the University of Nottingham, funded by the AHRC Midlands3Cities Doctoral Training Partnership. Her research focuses on the social and political structures and ideas which underpinned kingship in early 15th century England.
- Adela Kratenova (Law) is a AHRC Midlands3Cities Doctoral Training Partnership PhD researcher at Nottingham Trent University. Her research focuses on the enforcement of international commercial transactions by UK businesses in a fragmenting transnational environment.
- Dominic Reedman-Flint (Computer Science) is a PhD student at the University of Nottingham. He is researching loneliness and social isolation through digital data.
PubhD #60: Wednesday, 17 April 2019
- Daniel Bilton (English Literature) is a PhD student at Nottingham Trent University. He is exploring the current relationship between Dalit literature and activism through an analysis of literature published within the 21st century.
- Nelson Blackley (Business) is a Research Associate in the National Retail Research Knowledge Exchange Centre (NRRKEC) which is based at Nottingham Business School at Nottingham Trent University. His research includes identifying ways that retail-related academic research can be more effectively delivered to UK retailers.
- Olivier Yambo (Law) is a PubhD student at Nottingham Trent University. His PhD thesis focuses on the legal meaning of the terms conservation and sustainable use when applied in the context of marine biodiversity in areas beyond national jurisdiction.
PubhD #61: Wednesday, 15 May 2019
- Yuri Siregar (Art and Design) is a lecturer in fashion marketing, management and communications. Yuri’s research interests centre on the evaluation of people’s interaction with digital and physical fashion experiences.
- Rebecca Batty (Classics) is a second year PhD student at the University of Nottingham, funded by the AHRC Midlands3Cities Doctoral Training Partnership. Her research looks at how ancient Roman poets used rivers in their poetry to help conceptualise their place in the environment, and the political turmoil of the beginning of the Roman empire.
- Speaker TBC