PubhD starts up in Africa tonight.
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PubhDKigali/
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2263165983734082
- First event: https://www.facebook.com/events/2234022016668929
- Twitter: @PubhDKigali
Congratulations to Lee Crawfurd for getting it up and running so quickly. It took him about one month from his initial “I’m looking to set up a PubhD in Kigali, Rwanda” email to the first event!
The topics and speakers are:
- Politics: Ethnography of citizenship, political space, and discourse in Rwanda, Chaste Niwe, Yale University.
- Drones: Using Drones for 3D/spectral imaging of natural and built environments, and the Internet of Things, Anthony Vodacek, Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Health: What we know about Venous thromboembolism among pregnant women in Kigali hospitals, Christine R. G. Ashimwe, U of Global Health Equity, Rwanda.