If you are on Facebook, you can RSVP here.
Wednesday 20 May 2015 at 7:30 p.m.
The Vat and Fiddle pub (in the Golding’s Room),
12 Queen’s Bridge Road
More information and a map: https://pubhd.wordpress.com/pubhd-nottingham-venue/
Three speakers will explain their research to a bunch of people in the pub in exchange for a pint or two.
The talks are at “pub level” – you don’t need to be academic to understand them!
- Lexi Earl (Education) is a final year PhD in the School of Education. Her research explores food experiences in primary schools and focuses in particular on how policies are taken up in schools. She examines how food-related topics like obesity and ‘foodieness’ are adopted within the school setting, and how this effects the kinds of human beings we can become. She blogs about cake and the PhD experience at Philosophy and Madeleines.
- Alex Hiller (Marketing) is the Head of Postgraduate Programmes at Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University and in addition to teaching marketing and managing MSc and MBA courses, is in his eighth (yes, eighth!) and final year of a part-time PhD in the field of ethical consumption. His research examines clothing consumption and how ‘ethically-principled’ people make decisions and trade-offs to live in accordance with their values.
- Stephen Kenny (Pharmacy/Chemistry) is a third year PhD student in the pharmacy department at the University of Nottingham. He is studying the surface chemistry of anti-biofouling coatings for ships
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PubhD/
- Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/572371559569432/