If you are on Facebook, you can RSVP here.
Wednesday 11 March 2015 at 7:30 p.m.
The Vat and Fiddle pub (in the Golding’s Room),
12 Queen’s Bridge Road
More information and a map: https://pubhd.wordpress.com/pubhd-nottingham-venue/
Three speakers will explain their research to a bunch of people in the pub in exchange for a pint or two.
The talks are at “pub level” – you don’t need to be academic to understand them!
- Chris Gaffney (Medicine) is a post doctoral research fellow at the University of Nottingham Medical School. His PhD work looked at how the body produces energy and how this changes as we get older and in response to certain drugs.
- Rossella Pulvirenti (Law) is a third year student in law. Her research focuses on witness protective measures at the International Criminal Court and how they affect witnesses’ and defendants’ rights.
- Benjamin Swift (Microbiology) is a post doctoral research fellow at the School of Biosciences. He is researching new diagnostic methods for tuberculosis and cystic fibrosis.
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PubhD/
- Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/633156290164170