It’s PubhD Nottingham’s one year anniversary! Happy Birthday to us!
Wednesday 21 January 2015 at 7:30 p.m.
The Vat and Fiddle pub (in the Golding’s Room),
12 Queen’s Bridge Road
Three speakers will explain their research to a bunch of people in the pub in exchange for a pint or two.
- Lesley Fosh (Computer Science) is doing a PhD in Computer Science, or more specifically, Human-Computer Interaction. Her research focuses on the design of digital technologies/mobile guides for museums and art galleries.
- Rebecca Dewey (Medical Physics) is a neuroimaging physicist with an interest in measuring changes that we cause in the brain – with drugs, prosthetics, etc. Her current research is working out how the brains of profoundly-deaf people develop differently to hearing people, and whether that information is useful to us in deciding their treatment or predicting the effect of treatment.
- Stephen Walker (History/Archaeology) is a 2nd year History/Archaeology student at the University of Nottingham. He is looking at the rise and fall of cotton spinning in the Leen valley, north of Nottingham, in the late 18th and early 19th century
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PubhD/
- Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/409786032504189.