Wednesday July 16, 2014 at 7:30 p.m.
The Vat and Fiddle pub (in the Golding’s Room),
12 Queen’s Bridge Road
Three speakers will explain their research to a bunch of people in the pub in exchange for a pint or two.
- Stephanie Zihms works at the British Geological Survey. She is part of the Radioactive Waste team and is looking at how heat generated by radioactive waste affects underground storage facilities.
- Isabel Story is a first year PhD student in the Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American department at the University of Nottingham. She is examining the possible Soviet influence on Cuban cultural institutions.
- Hardeep Naghra works in Microbiology at the University of Nottingham and is studying bacteria that cause infections. In particular, she is looking at the genetic diversity of a particular “opportunistic” bacteria to observe how rapidly it changes, even in the laboratory freezer!
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PubhD/
- Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/894896563857161/.